Research

Hello, this is my test blog for testing my new blog design over at Color Me Domestic.

I am writing test entries to verify that everything works as intended, and I thought I'd document my progress here as well, kinda more journal style. It won't be pretty, and I'll probably ramble on a lot, but it doesn't matter. I doubt many people will read it.

So I started my new blog design officially in February. I made the logo and background, and then it kinda came to a stop. Isn't it weird how the more you use your creativity, the more you WANT to use it. I find I have to make a great effort to get going, but once I've started, it's hard to stop.

Needless to say, I stopped after making those and didn't really picked it up again. I thought about what I wanted a lot though, I just didn't really research it more until this week (April 15-19).

Now i really want to make my own template from (almost) scratch. And I want a responsive design. What's a responsive design you ask? Well, it's when your design adapts to the size and shape (or resolution) of your screen, no matter how big or small it is. This means that your blog can be the best it can be for big PC size screens AND small phone screens. And also different if it's landscape or portrait. Yup it's possible! It's the new way to go. It's all thinking about the future and making your website fit future devices.

Not only that, but some elements of the blog design move around as the screen sizes change. It really is so cool! Oh and your images, text size, etc, also adapt as well. Want to see a few examples? Of course I've been reading all of this at work, so I don't have the articles that I was reading just now, and I don't remember what I googled bc googling just now doesn't give me the same stuff.

Here's a few sites I need to check up on that look quite useful for designing responsive designs:
http://bradfrost.github.io/this-is-responsive/patterns.html also has one more responsive image maps which I will most probably need.

Anyway. So I've been looking to start with, at how to build a template from scratch on a normal blog, ie not responsive, because well that's the basic. I already know and understand a bit of CSS, but I think I have a long way to go still. But it really all makes sense when I read it, it's not gibberish, so that's good! I don't know why this stuff intrigues me and I don't get bored. I'll leave it at that for now and continue looking around and learning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment